Monday, June 14, 2010

That kind of day

Good afternoon. Today totally got away from me. I woke up, got the kiddos ready for school, had my usual breakfast and headed to the gym. A Van's Light Waffle (70cal) with 113g of Fage 0% (60cal) and Tbsp of Sugar Free Strawberry Jam (10cal).

I also had a bowl of 36g Cream of Rye (110cal) mixed with 20g of Steel Cut oats (75cal) and 1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond milk (10cal) with cinnamon. I topped it with another Tbsp of SF jam. I don't know if I told you, but I always make my oats the night before. That way in the morning I just pop them out of the fridge, microwave them for 2min and they are ready to go. Just make sure to leave a little extra liquid in the bowl so that it gets absorbed in the oats overnight. It makes for a huge bowl in the morning.
I ran to the gym and did an hour on the elliptical. I usually run on Monday's followed by pilates, but my leg was throbbing a little last night, so I decided to mix it up. I did resistance 14-20 (the highest) and kept my arms going the entire time. I did sweat quite a bit, so I think it was good for me to mix it up. I was unable to go to pilates because I got to experience this.
Yes folks, the good old recorder! Do you remember this from 3rd grade? I bet your parents do. Jake had his 3rd grade recorder performance today. Vodka and aspirin? Yes please.
It was loud, off key and when they brought out the percussion instruments I wanted to run. I think I completely earned my Mother's Day present this year.
After Jake's performance Conner and I ran to the produce store. We got plums, nectarines, apples, peaches, broccoli, zucchini and about every other veggie they had. It is so fresh and so pretty I just can't resist. We then went to Ralphs to order Jake's birthday cake (10years old on Wednesday) and the bank. Off to pick up Ryan after that and we're finally home.




I made a gorgeous, fresh green salad for lunch. Mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, snap peas, onion sprouts and mushrooms. All topped with goat cheese and balsamic.
I have 5 loads of laundry to do and then I think it is time for some wine. Don't judge until you have had to listen to Mary Had a Little Lamb played on a recorder accompanied by 10 tambourines.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment