Monday, April 19, 2010

What do you do all day?

A single friend without children asked me what I do with all my "free time" now my three kids are in school. I play tennis at the club and lunch with the ladies, of course. Since I have never shown a full day of eats before or what I do with "all my free time", I thought today would be the day.

6:20am- I woke up to a quiet house. So excited to be able to eat breakfast alone I quickly threw on the gym clothes on the floor and tiptoed to the kitchen. I set out the kids breakfast on the table so there would be no interruptions when I sat down to eat. They had donuts (OK so maybe I am contributing to childhood obesity, but A. it's Monday and B. I gave them fat free milk to drink). I, on the other hand, had a new cereal to try.

I am in love with this cereal. This cereal was great. My only concern was that it doesn't make as big of a bowl as my Roman Meal does, but the texture and chew can't be beat.
Here's what my bowl this morning contained:
  • 20g Scottish Oats (80cal, 1pt)
  • 20g Steel Cut Oats (75cal, 1pt)
  • 1/4 Cup Almond Milk (10cal, opt)
  • 1/2 Tbsp Chia (30cal, opt)
  • Cinnamon

With my oats I made an egg sandwich starring another new find.

I usually buy the Orrowheat Sandwich Thins, but I saw these and decided to give them a try instead. I think I like them better. They are not as sweet and felt slightly denser.
My sandwich:
  • EarthGrains Sandwich Thin (100cal, 1pt)
  • 1/2 Cup Egg Substitute from TJ's (60cal, 1pt)
  • Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedge (35cal, 1pt)
  • Tomatoes and Spinach




I told you I eat a big breakfast.

6:35am- As soon as my breakfast was done, the kids started waking up. As I was
about to sit down Ryan informed me she wet the bed...again. Not only that but she somehow managed to smuggle gummy bears into her bed last night, which mixed with the wetness made a lovely rainbow surprise. Stripped the sheets while man handling sticky gummy bears out of Conner's sugar crazed hands.
Started laundry, put the load that was already in the washer in the dryer and cleaned up the kids breakfast dishes. Packed backpacks and snacks while trying to convince them that it is not necessary to use half a tube of toothpaste each time they brush their teeth. Clean said toothpaste mess off of bathroom counter (and floor, mirror and towels).

7:56am- Sat down and ate my breakfast.
8:00am- Dropped Ryan and Jake off at school.
8:15am- Ran home because I forgot to pack Conner's lunch. Transferred dry laundry to growing pile on living room chair and put wet laundry in dryer while starting another load of wash.
9:00am- Dropped Conner off at school and went directly to the gym.
9:15am-10:00am- Ran 6.2 miles on the treadmill.
10:15-11:15-Pilates class since I can't even find my core after having three kids.
11:20-Stopped by the house to grab a snack and the growing pile of mail to read while I waited in the parking lot for Conner to get out of preschool.
My usual mid-morning snack.
Fiber One Yogurt (50cal, opt)
With 1/4 cup TJ's High Fiber Cereal (40cal, opt)
Jeff thinks it kind of looks like rat food, and I have to agree.









All mixed up.






With a cutie on the side (~30cal, opt)



Makes mom smile too!



12:15- Ran errands with Conner while he ate the rest of his leftover lunch. Learned all about the letter V while arguing with him that it was a "V" not a "B".
1:30-Picked Ryan up from school. Now home blogging and getting ready to make my lunch. Maybe some cute finger sandwiches like they serve when I lunch with the ladies at the club.


No comments:

Post a Comment