Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Rain on Ragnar

April showers bring May flowers. That is what Conner learned in school today. This is my "May flower" he made for me.
It looks like it is going to storm here any minute now. I am not a fan of cold weather and seeing as I am leaving for my race tomorrow, I am hoping for a forecast change. Please no rain on Ragnar!

I decided to go to the gym this afternoon, but as soon as I got on the treadmill I knew it was a mistake. I got right off and went home. My body is so tired and I know it needs to rest, I just hate taking unscheduled rest days. I usually take Sundays as my rest days and since I do have OCD, it really bothers me not to stick to a schedule. I need to learn to listen to my body. Rest is just as important as working out.
The trip was not a total loss as Trader Joe's is right down the street. I picked one of my favorite things to have for my dinner.


I love this stuff. It is spicy and delicious. I decided to make an egg salad burrito for dinner.

  • 1/2 container Egg White Salad (50cal, 1pt)
  • 21g Provolone (60cal, 1pt)
  • 2.5oz Brown Rice (80cal, 1pt)
  • La Tortilla Whole Wheat Tortilla (100cal, 1pt)


I also picked up this new dressing as I am out of my favorite Whole Foods Balsamic.


Not a big fan. It is OK, but it needs something. I ended up adding salsa to give it more of a kick.

The "platter of salad" came back tonight.

  • Mixed Greens
  • Sprouts
  • Cucumber
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Sweet Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Slice of Whole Wheat Toast as breadcrumbs (90cal, 1pt)
  • 56g Fat Free Cottage Cheese (40cal, 1pt)
  • 2Tbsp Cilantro Dressing (45cal, 1pt)
  • 2Tbsp Salsa (10cal, 0pt)



I am off to go start packing,



but I definitely see some dessert in my future.



No comments:

Post a Comment