Monday, April 26, 2010

Lazy Blogger

I am so sorry that I have not blogged for a bit. I am waiting for a friend's pictures from Ragnar so that I can give a full recap. So in the meantime, I will give you today's eats.



I woke up super early this morning. Probably due to the fact that I slept on and off most of Sunday. I bought some new Cream of Rye cereal from Mother's and I really like it. Breakfast consisted of:


  • 36g Cream of Rye (110cal, 1pt)

  • 20g Scottish Oats (80cal, 1pt)

  • 1/4 cup Almond Milk (10cal, 0pt)

  • Cinnamon and Sweet n' low

  • Trader Joe's WW toast with spray butter (90cal, 1pt)

  • Half an Orange (~30cal, opt)

It was very filling and good. I love this oatmeal because it is high volume. I like to see a full bowl of food when I eat.


After dropping Conner off at preschool I went to the gym. My legs are a little sore from my race and I think I have a mild case of shin splints, so I was planning on doing the elliptical, but when I got there they were full. I ended up running 5 1/2 miles with intervals and hills. It felt good to move my stiff legs. After running I went to Pilates. If you have not done Pilates, I highly recommend it. I am getting defination in my abs that I have not seen since way before kids.


I had a Fiber One Yogurt (50cal, 0pt) and 1/3 Cup TJ's Fiber Cereal (40cal, opt) for a snack before picking up Conner.


Lunch was delicious.



  • 1/2 Container Spicy Egg White Egg Salad (50cal, 1pt)

  • Earthgrains Sandwich Thin (100cal, 1pt)

  • Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedge (35cal, 1pt)

  • Sprouts, Tomatoes, Broccoli

  • Unpictured small peach (0pt)

I decided to take a LIFT class at 4:30 and before going to the gym I had a Fiber One 90cal bar. I try not to eat these as I am not a fan of the long ingredient list, but I had one leftover from this weekend.


I purchased some protein shakes from Trader Joe's when I was there yesterday. One of my instructors recommended that I eat more protein. I was always hesitant about shakes because I thought they were really caloric, but these are great. I had one after class and was pleasantly surprised. It also kept my hunger at bay until dinner.





Here are the stats:



Only 2 points.

I was craving veggies since I was not able to eat as many as I usually do this weekend. I had a HUGE salad for dinner.


  • Mixed Greens

  • Broccoli

  • Tomatoes

  • Mushrooms

  • Sprouts

  • Carrots

  • Cucumber

  • 2Tbsp TJ's Soy Sesame Dressing (35cal, 1pt)



With my salad I made a quesadilla. I think I found a new favorite creation.


  • La Tortilla WW tortilla (100cal, 1pt)

  • 14g Goat Cheese (40cal, 1pt)

  • 21g Light Swiss (50cal, 1pt)

  • Spinach

  • Tomatoes



    I am going to have a vitamuffin pudding bowl for desert.


I promise as soon as I get my Ragnar pictures back I will post them with a full recap. It was a great race and I am definitely doing it again next year.


Sorry for being so lazy, I promise now that I am caught up on my sleep, I will post as usual.


Goodnight.






1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Trader Joe's had protein shakes. I will have to pick some up! 110 calories is perfect.

    ReplyDelete