Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hard Thursdays

I am not a fan of Thursdays. By the time Thursday rolls around I am tired and just want the week to be over. I know I have one more night of homework, backpacks and lunch packing. I spend the day counting down until bedtime and due to daylight savings, cannot convince the kids that it's any earlier than 8 o'clock.


I went to the gym this morning and did a LIFT class. I was planning on running on the treadmill afterwards, but my leg has been bothering me. I ended up walking for 30min on a 10% incline and talking with a friend (hi Carrie).

After the gym I had a Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt (50cal, 0pt) and 1/3 Cup TJ's Fiber Cereal (40cal, 0pt)
I also had a package of apple slices (30cal, 0pt).


Lunch was delicious. I decided to mix up my usual sweet potato burrito by making a wrap. I bought the Flat-Out Light Wraps at the store today and decided to give them a try. Verdict? I love them! My wrap was made up of the following

  • Flat-Out Wrap (90cal, 1pt)
  • Light Provolone (60cal, 1pt)
  • 4oz Sweet Potato (103cal, 1pt)
  • Sprouts
  • Tomatoes

I finished lunch off with a delicious Chocolate Vitamuffin (100cal, 1pt). I love these things, but they are so expensive. I am going to have to start ordering them off of Amazon.


I also had this with lunch. I found these at the store today. I must admit something. I have a horrible Diet Coke addiction. I am trying to wean myself off of them and although this lovely drink below contains aspartame too, I think of it as a step in the right direction.

(Don't worry, that is not a real baby in the background. It is the $50 Bitty Baby doll that Ryan promised she would take care of if she got it for her birthday...a promise obviously well kept).



Dinner last night was lazy again. We had to get our taxes finished (hey, it least it wasn't on the 15th) so I was in a rush. I had an open-faced veggie burger.
  • TJ's Whole Wheat Bread (90cal, 1pt)
  • Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedge (35cal, 1pt)
  • Gardenburger Vegan Veggie Burger (80cal, 1pt)
  • Sprouts
  • Tomatoes
  • Spinach
  • Spicy Brown Mustard

All served with a side of Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli.



After dinner I had another yogurt mess.
  • Kozy Shack No Sugar Added Tapioca (70cal, 1pt)
  • Kozy Shack No Sugar Added Chocolate (60cal, 1pt)
  • 27g Puffins (90cal, 1pt)
  • 15g Fat Free Redi Whip (15cal, opt)

Apparently I am not the only one feeling tired on Thursdays. I thought Wii was supposed to be a physical activity. Not in my house.








I hope you have a relaxing Thursday.











2 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to be eating brussel sprouts except for ME. I just can't get into them. Is there a trick? And may the force be with you on trying to kick the DC habit. It's hard as hell, but you can do it. I went from drinking 7-10 a week to now 3-4. Not awesome, but it's a start!

    www.firednfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just microwave them and eat them plain. Pretty boring. Thanks for the DC wishes. I would be thrilled to be down to 3-4 a week.

    ReplyDelete