Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Meet My Family

These are my three adorable children. They are usually not this smiley when they are in that close of proximity to each other, but it was for a Christmas card and Santa was watching. You have met Conner, but I also have Ryan who is 6 and Jacob who is 9. Conner is my clown, Ryan is my pleaser and Jake is my daydreamer. Ask for a joke or a trick, Conner will deliver. Ask for help, Ryan will run to your aid. Ask for anything and Jake will not hear you because he is too busy trying to decide what he wants to do for his birthday....even if it is 6 month away.

It still amazes me that three children can have the same parents and be so dramatically different.


Today's eats are in backwards order. My favorite sweet potato burrito made an appearance for lunch again. In case you missed it, here is the breakdown.

-La Tortilla Whole Wheat Tortilla (100cal, 1pt)

- 21g Provolone (60cal, 1pt)

-4oz Sweet Potato (103cal, 1pt)

-Sprouts

on the side I had brussel sprouts, broccoli and 57g of sliced apples (all opt)

Before lunch I went to a Strength Training class at the gym. It worked me. Someone told me that we did over 100 push-ups and my arms and shoulders believe it. I love classes that you can feel for days.


Breakfast was one of my favorites. I always cook my oats the night before, add my Chia seeds and almond milk, and then just re-heat it in the morning. It lets the Chia seeds gel and thicken everything up. My husband always asks what is fermenting in the fridge when he looks in my bowl. Here it is Honey...

-36g Roman Meal Cereal (110 cal, 1pt)

-20g Trader Joe's Steelcut Oats (75cal, 1pt)

-1/2 Tbsp Chia Seeds (about 25cal, 0pt)

-1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (10cal, 0pt)

-Cinnamon






I also had an unpictured Fiber One Yogurt (5ocal, 0pt) and half a banana (60ish cal, 1pt). I am off to pick up the kids and start on homework. If you think that homework is just for kids, you obviously don't have a daydreamer named Jake.



No comments:

Post a Comment