Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring is Here!

It is finally warm here! So warm that Ryan can go deep sea diving in Grandma's spa.
I am so happy it's finally warm here. I know that most places would love to have our beach weather all year long, but when it is below 75ish, I freeze.


Today I made a delicious, creamy bowl of oats for breakfast. This one had 20g Steel Cut Oats (75cal, 1pt) 20g Scottish Oats (80cal, 1pt) and 36g of Rye (110cal, 1pt) mixed with 1/4 cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Milk (10cal) and cinnamon. I also had a side of whole wheat toast (90cal, 1pt).
On Monday's I go to the gym after dropping Conner off. I usually run on the treadmill and then go to a Pilate's class. I had a great interval run today. I alternated 1/2mile at 7.0 (1%incline) with 1/2 mile at 8.2 (1%incline). I finished 6.5miles and felt great. I went straight to Pilates and had a great core workout. I have become a big fan of Pilates.
After the gym, I picked Conner up at school and we went to Trader Joe's for our first of probably about 4 visits there this week. I stocked up on my favorites and got some Ranchero Egg White Egg Salad for lunch. It is hidden there beneath all the sprouts. My sandwich was made up of a Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin (100cal, 1pt) Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge (35cal, 1pt) 1/2 container Egg White Egg Salad (50cal, 1pt) tomatoes, sprouts and lettuce. I also cooked some fresh asparagus and broccoli for the sides. It was a huge lunch.

I went to a LIFT class at the gym this evening. After class I had a Vanilla Protein Shake from Trader Joe's. 21g of protein, only 100cal. It was really good and kept me full while I got the kids fed.

Dinner was my usual sweet potato burrito and salad. (You can look at a previous post for stats)


I am going to go join Conner in a round of golf. The dress code on the course is obviously casual.




Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment