Sunday, May 16, 2010

A full day of food

I wish I had some exciting weekend news to share, but I don't so I thought I would share my entire day of food with you. It's not exciting, but it was yummy. Breakfast was my usual 36g Cream of Rye (110cal, 1pt) with 20g TJ's Steel Cut Oats (75cal, 1pt) mixed with 1/4 Cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (10cal, opt) and Cinnamon.
Along side my cereal I had a piece of TJ's Whole Wheat Bread (90cal, 1pt) and 16g Better N' Peanut Butter (50cal, 1pt). This stuff is really like crack. I could eat the entire jar in one sitting.


My morning snack was not very exciting. A peach that was starting to shrivel. I still ate it since I have three kids and am not one to waste anything. It tasted OK.
For lunch I made an egg-white egg salad wrap.
La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Tortilla (100cal, 1pt) with a Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Light Cheese Wedge (35cal, 1pt) and 1/2 container TJ's Egg White Egg Salad (50cal, 1pt). To bulk it up I added Romaine, Carrots and Grape Tomatoes.




It was huge. I had to use my fork to keep it closed. I had my usual broccoli on the side. Yes, that is my Diet Coke in the background. I have a problem. I know the first step is to admit it, I am just not ready to take any further action at this time. That is also my classy china, but it is Sunday and I do not want to spend the day washing plates.
Dinner does not look very good, but it was tasty. I found a Dr. Praeger's Tex Mex Burger in the freezer (110cal, 2pt). When I cooked it the consistency turned to mush. I am not sure if it is because it has been in the freezer so long, or if it is microwaving them, but it did look pretty gross. Once again, not one to waste anything, I decided to eat it anyway.




I mushed it up on a piece of TJ's Whole Wheat Bread (90cal, 1pt) with a Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedge (35cal, 1pt).




I added sprouts and a tomato. It was really good. I have one left in the freezer and I am thinking about making a burrito out of it for lunch tomorrow. It tasted much better than it looked.



Along side of my dog food looking burger I had a big salad.
  • Mixed greens
  • Carrots
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Cooked Broccoli
  • Cooked Snap Peas
  • Whole Foods Balsamic (20cal, opt)

I am going to finish my evening with a pudding mess. Vitamuffin (100cal, 1pt), Kozy Shack No Sugar Added Tapioca (70cal, 1pt), Kozy Shack Chocolate Pudding(60cal, opt) and Redi Whipp (15cal, opt). Sorry there are no pictures, but I don't want to share with the kids so I have to wait until bedtime to make it.

I hope you had a great weekend. I think I am the only one excited about Monday's. Back to school time!




1 comment: