Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Look at these beautiful tulips I got from Jeff and the kids this morning. Tulips are my favorite flowers. They are just so happy and colorful. I also got an itunes gift card and scratchers. I have an addiction to lotto scratchers. I always get them and then keep them in purse all day imagining what wonderful ways I will spend my inevitable winnings. I have not won big money yet, but I haven't lost hope.

We went out to Marie Callendar's last night for Mother's Day dinner. I know it is not an exciting restaurant, but I LOVE the cornbread. I love it so much that I order the entire table cornbread and then eat it all myself. I'm not kidding. I also love dessert, so I eat my pie with ice cream, then Jeff's and then the kids. I always leave with a huge belly ache, yet I return each week for more.

So instead of going out for lunch today, I opted for a sandwich made with these.

If you haven't tried them, you must. They are only 80 calories and are really flavorful. I put mine on a sandwich thin with a laughing cow light garlic wedge. I layered on tomatoes, sprouts and spinach so that I couldn't even close the sandwich.


Looks good, huh?




With a huge side of broccoli and asparagus. I do think that Trader Joe's has the best frozen broccoli around.

I am off to read while the children play Monopoly. There will be fighting, tears and possibly blood,



but since it is Mother's Day, it is not my problem.







Dinner is looking like sweet potato polenta and a vitamuffin sundae. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment