Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A New Ingredient

I have added a new ingredient to my current favorite breakfast. I was at Target yesterday and I saw this jar of Polaner. It is sugar free and has fiber. Yes, I know that it just means it has fake sweeteners, but since I drink Diet Coke by the case, I am just fine with fake sweeteners. I really don't need the added fiber since I eat so much now, but it is a nice touch. The ingredient list is a little sketchy, but I figure 10 calories of sketchy ingredients won't kill me. Here are the nutritional stats:
It tasted great and spread well. Usually my fake jams don't spread well, but I liked this. I added it to my Whole Wheat toast (90cal, 1pt) and 16g Better N' PB spread from TJ's (50cal, 1pt).

Along side it I had another boring bowl of oats (Not to me, but you can only look at pictures of oatmeal for so long). 36g Rye (110cal, 1pt), 20g of TJ's Steel Cut Oats (75cal, 1pt), 1/4 Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (10cal, opt) and Cinnamon.




I headed to the gym after dropping Conner off at school. I wasn't really feeling a workout, but I ended up alternating sprint and hill repeats for a nice 7.7mile run in 63min. I have a confession to make. I blame this on my OCD, but I always have to go over my intended mileage in order to feel like I got my full run in. Example being the 7.7 miles above. In my exercise journal I wrote down 7.5miles in 60min. I always go over at least 2min in my run and .20 miles. For some reason I feel like I "have to" do this in order to get my full intended mileage. I know it is neurotic, but it is just one of the many neurosis I have.

I went home from the gym, took a quick shower and was off to get Conner. I ate a Kozy Shack No Sugar Added Chocolate Pudding (60cal, opt) with 15g of Reddi Wip (15cal, opt) and 1/3 cup TJ's High Fiber Cereal (40cal, opt) in the car on the way.




This is my food and exercise journal. I write down everything I eat. It is hard to read, but I write down calories and ww pt. Any veggies and fruits that are opt I write in the bottom left corner and any opt foods that are not veggies and fruit go in the right corner. I do this not only to "count" calories, but to make sure I eat enough. I don't want to come in too low or my body gets really tired. I am POSITIVE this feeds my compulsions, but I figure there could be worse ones to have. It helps me to also see what nutrients I might be missing from my diet.
I am off to pick up the other children and have a play date at the park. See you tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment