Friday, May 14, 2010

Run Ryan, Run!

I am so tired and it is not even 1:00pm. Today was Ryan's Jog-a-thon at school. I was not planning on attending, but she told me she really wanted me to come, so I told her I would be there. The jog-a-thon was at 10:30 during my usual work-out time. In order to be able to take Jake, Ryan and Conner to school and be back at her school by that time I knew I would have to move my work-out to a much earlier time. I managed to get my self out of bed by 5am and on the treadmill at the gym by 5:15. I was not sure what to eat since I didn't want a full belly, so I grabbed a Flat-Out wrap and ate it on the way (90cal, 1pt). I alternated hill repeats with sprint intervals and did 7.6miles in 62min. I felt great having my run done by 6:30 and I was home in time for Jeff to leave for work. I showered, got the kids fed, and then dropped them off at school. Conner doesn't start school until 9 (the other kids at 8:15) so we went to the grocery store before I took him to preschool. I then came home and had my real breakfast.
I know you are probably getting tired of seeing this combo, but I still like eating it, so oh well.
TJ's Steelcut Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal (150cal, 2pt) with 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk (10cal, opt), 1/2 Tbsp Chia (~35cal, 0pt) and cinnamon.
With it I had 1/2 cup of egg substitute (60cal, 1pt) on a Van's Light Waffle (70cal,1pt). Drizzled with a Tbsp Sugar Free Syrup (15cal, opt). If you have not tried the Van's Light Waffles, you should. They are made with Whole Wheat and really hearty.
After I enjoyed my breakfast in a quiet house, I was off to watch Ryan run.

She has her game face on.


So I need to confess something here. I am "that mom". The kids have 20min and they run in a marked circle. I am yelling the whole time "it's a jog-a-thon, not a walk-a-thon, get moving".



Ryan completed 38 laps and I was very proud.

I just picked Conner up from school. We were supposed to have a playdate at the park for an hour until Ryan is out of school, but he wet his pants so we had to come home and change. I am hoping that I can convince the kids to nap with me this afternoon. I am already feeling my 5am wake-up. Good thing today is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment