Thursday, July 1, 2010

Not to Rest!

I did it. I did not feel like working out at all today. I really just wanted to lay back down in bed and sleep the morning away. When I got home from dropping my kiddos off I decided to have a snack and see how I felt. I had a PB Cup VitaTop. This is not my favorite flavor. I prefer the Deep Chocolate Ones with a little pb spread on top, but this is what I had in the freezer. I already had my workout clothes on and was debating whether I should go to the gym, the YMCA or on a run. I figured the outdoors would do me the most good and since I didn't need daycare at the gym I should take advantage of running at the beach. I put the Garmin on and headed out. I was wondering whether I should even run with the Garmin on, but I forgot to press start again at a stoplight on my run on Monday and it drove me crazy having to estimate how far I went, so I decided to wear it. The first 1/4 mile was tough. My body felt heavy. I just prayed that God would bless my run and get my through it. I started to warm up after about a mile. It was not an easy run, some days are harder than others, but I am glad I went. Here are my stats:
Splits:
Mile 1 8:43
Mile 2 8:21
Mile 3 8:08
Mile 4 8:19
Mile 5 8:22
Mile 6 8:22
Mile 7 8:22
Mile 8 8:25
Mile 9 (.26) 8:13
All in all, not too shabby. I am going to clean up and head to get myself a Diet Coke at 7 eleven. Yes, it's bad for me, but I have three kids that I am planning on taking to the grocery store on the way home from VBS and I need all the caffeine I can get. Summer time requires a lot of caffeine for mommy. Have a great day!

1 comment: